Sunday, July 27, 2008

5 Months Old


Izzy Lou is now a whole 5 months old. She continues to be a busy baby and it won't be much longer before she starts moving beyond her blanket. She's already gone beyond the little one of the play gym and has gotten into a couple weird places, like under the toilet. Yuch! Needless to say, we've become better about keeping the floors clean. I also need to finish making her crib bumpers since she has started to roll/scootch to the walls and has gotten a couple good bonks to the head. And last week, she got her leg stuck between the slats. Ouch!

We've had a lot of fun together this summer so far and of course I'm getting none of the projects I had planned done. I figure she's only this young once but then that could be a valid excuse for years to come. I did get one project done and that was a taggie blankie for Izzy since I had been making them for everyone else lately. She loves it! Half the ribbons have gotten a good dose of drool already.

No measurements this month since Izzy doesn't have her next appointment until September. I'm guessing she's beyond 11 pounds and she's grown out of some of her pj's lengthwise. We also needed to get her a new hat. I should figure out how to sew them since she actually likes wearing them.

Izzy has come to like food as much as nursing if not more so. So far bananas are the hands-down favorite. Just at the mention of the word or the sight of the yellow crescent makes her smile and open up. She doesn't like peas or green beans but if they're laced with bananas then it's ok-ish. She also loves plums and gets really upset when it's gone. Like bananas, all good things come to an end sometime.

Milestones:
Grabs and holds her feet
Laughs in anticipation
Reaches out for objects while on her tummy

Likes:
Running water
Our morning walk with the neighbors
BANANAS
Plums (real ones), Sweet Potatoes, Pears
The Six Little Ducks song (quack, quack quack!)
The play gym and her bouncy seat still :)
Being on her tummy (finally!)
Her new blankie and her rattly doll
Chewing on EVERYTHING
Her alone time

Dislikes:
Peas
Bad dreams
Sudden loud noises
The discontinuity of spoon feeding
The crib wall (bonk!)

Izzy loves her new blanket

You've got a little something on your chin, Izzy

Izzy looking cute in her dressie

Ah, the flexibility of babies

Hey!

Time to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!