It's already August and we finally got to the beach. Aunt Gigi had the day off from work so we headed down to New London to visit and introduce Miss Mae. We hung out at the house and had lunch and got some pics while we waited until the heat of the day was passed. Meanwhile, Izzy recruited herself a friend after locking herself out in the foyer. I wish I could hire Jeff as a babysitter. Izzy had a grand time at the beach digging in the sand, finding shells, and walking through the waves until one got her right over the head. Harkness was windy and the water was unusually wild with an undertow. So we packed up to go to the play area so I could feed Mae in shade and shelter. A camp troop of seven year olds came shortly thereafter and Izzy basked in their presence making quite a few more friends before we had to leave for dinner. We got pizza and were treated to yummy salted lemonade by Gigi's new roommate Kastubh (I'm sure I misspelled it. Gigi introduced Izzy to lemon mint which is her new addiction. She kept picking leaves to munch calling it "Limpt." Before we headed back home, Aunty Debbie stopped by for a quick visit. She missed Mae who had conked out at her usual 8pm bedtime so we'll definitely be heading down sooner rather than later :)
Gigi and Mae


Gigi and the girls


Izzy and neighbor Jeff

Don't look now Mae, the Mingu's gonna get you!

Playing in the biggest sandbox ever!

Playing in the biggest pool ever!

Mae enjoys the beach from the safety of her stroller

Lounging on the veranda
No comments:
Post a Comment