Last weekend, Isabel and I went down to New London to visit Great Grandpa Horning. He hadn't been feeling very well and we wanted to cheer him up a bit. Aunt Laura, Uncle Fred and Cousin Griffin were there when we arrived. Grandpa enjoyed watching his great-grandchildren playing on the floor. Then they needed to head back home but we got to stay with Grandpa and watch the parakeets in his day room until Aunt Gail came to retrieve us to settle at her home for the night. The next day we visited again before we headed back off to Worcester. We watched a bit of the Olympics and Grandpa watched Izzy, giving her kisses and calling her "honey pie." He mentioned that she looked like Grandma Tefft whom I didn't know but I'm told she was also named Isabel.
Sadly, Great Grandpa passed away this past Thursday. He had a long life and he had seen too many go before him. I'm glad that Izzy was able to make him smile.
Izzy and Grandpa notice the camera

Hi, Grandpa! Check out my giraffe.

A Family Photo

Rest in Peace Great Grandpa. You are missed.
2 comments:
So very sorry to hear about your loss.
-Nicole
Izzy, I am so sorry to hear about your great grandpa. It was wonderful that you got to spend some time with him. See you soon!
Post a Comment