The hotel brochure let us know that a fun Syracuse attraction for kids was M.O.S.T which I gather stands for Museum of Science and Technology. So we headed over there Saturday morning since we wanted to get out and about our last day in CNY and it was a bit cold and wet for Beaver Lake. Bonus: our Ecotarium membership got us all in for free! Izzy had a great time in their 5 story playhouse. Daddy got to go up pretty high chasing her through the structure. I was able to take Mae in part way but then handed her off to Dad while I took a turn chasing Izzy. At one point she just dropped through a hole in the floor to get away from me so I had to find an alternate route. Fortunately most places were passable by an adult. Though I think I pulled a quad diving through the washer ringers. Izzy loved the ball room the best though I hid under a canopy to avoid a couple boys who were trigger happy. I had to use my teacher voice with one when he started aiming for people's heads. We had to literally drag Izzy out in order to see the rest of the museum. Fortunately she gets distracted fairly easily and enjoyed investigating the giant eyeball and nose that really sneezed at you. She got to "launch" a rocket and she and Mae both had fun playing with static electricity. I really liked the "Toothpick City" featuring countless towers and temples built to scale all out of toothpicks. Somebody has way too much time on his hands! We left after about 2 hours so we could get lunch but I guess exhaustion beat out hunger since both girls promptly passed out upon getting in the car.
Mae feels at home inside the huge heart

Wicked cool motion sculpture

An interactive wicked cool motion sculpture :)

Building forts with Daddy

Target shooting

There goes Izzy

And there goes Daddy

Izzy's picking up speed

With Daddy closing in

But only Izzy comes down the chute

Toothpick City: Towers & Temples

Shadow dancing

Mommy's little glow-worm
No comments:
Post a Comment