Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

It was nice to have a long weekend with Kris not having to do any work. Friday he still had some work but Izzy's daycare vacation had already started so I took her and Mae to get her hair cut at Snipits. She was a brave girl and didn't cry at all this time. She was very good at following directions and got a little treat afterwards. Then we did some diaper shopping. Mae went through over 100 diapers in only 2 weeks! Sheesh!

That night, we had Grandma Patty Lou and Ben over for a pizza dinner and then they treated us to ice cream at Gibby's. Afterwards, we went up to to Holy Name to watch the Worcester fireworks. Izzy was totally wired and she and Ben must have raced up and down the little hill 20 times, at least! Izzy kept wanting to "Go Faster!" scrunching up her little fists for emphasis. Later we found out that she thought the bug fan I had clipped to her bottom was a motor that helped her go fast. She kept trying to tie her blanket around herself exclaiming "Super Izzy!" I think she watched maybe 5 minutes of the actual fireworks saying they were "Boo-tiful." She cracks us up!

Saturday was a bit of a wash. Kris got a lot of cleaning done though so maybe the babe and I can move upstairs soon-ish. Though with the nighttime wake-ups, I'm not in any hurry. We were invited to a couple parties but we were just beat. Izzy and Mae both had long naps from 4 to 6pm so it was time for dinner by the time anyone woke up.

Sunday is farm day! We got beets and lettuce and more peas! And some fresh horseradish for the grown-ups :) Izzy fell asleep en route and so was not happy to wake up. Beth knew we were there before she saw our car because she could hear Izzy wailing across the street in the garden. She perked up when she saw Beth though. Grandma and Ben came over for a BBQ of ribs and praline bacon. Yum! Fortunately it was nice enough to eat outside.

Monday was a day for lazing about. Too hot to do anything else. I hope this heat breaks soon!

No comments: