Thursday Izzy asked Kris to go to the library out of the blue so he offered me up to take her Friday morning since it was too late and no one would be there that night. He explained that after dinner, and after she goes to sleep and the sun is back up, then I could take her to the library. She woke up at 6am yelling "Dad! It's sunny! Time to go to the library!" and got all in a tizzy because we couldn't go yet.
AFTER breakfast, we did go and we picked out a few picture books and "Pippi Goes on Board" for Izzy and some Madeline L'Engle books and a mystery for me. Kris started reading it to her Saturday and got through the first 20 pages and tonight they're done with Chapter 3. Now I know I was only into the pictures until like 4th grade. Last night, Izzy insisted on sleeping with her head at the foot of the bed with her feet up on her pillow just like Pippi and tonight she was in a giggle fit with Kris over the name of Pippi's home "Villekulla." She's also started to call Daddy "Papa". I wonder when she'll start calling her monkey "Mr. Nilson".
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment